Social Analytics Specialist / Programmer Internship
Do you love spreadsheets? Have you ever found yourself noticing direction and flow in everyday life? When you think of a job do you see yourself finding and analyzing trends imperative to company advancement? Do you enjoy working with large samples of data to try and find trends within an ever changing industry?
The use of social media both inside and outside of companies has provided tremendous learning opportunities. External social networks and communities offer critical insights into customer needs and the effectiveness of corresponding marketing and sales efforts. Internal social networks provide access to previously unknown employee knowledge as well as how employees are feeling and acting. This intern will have access to cutting edge tools and the responsibility of using them to their full potential to gather and present new insights. This is the least structured internship we are offering. This intern needs to be able to identify needs and design and create creative solutions. If you are looking to work either alone, or in a team of up to three, to create the next social business killer app or integration … this internship is for you.
End of term deliverables: Packaged new insights (infographics, data visualizations, etc.), and credit (but not Intellectual Property rights) for any new products or integrations created.
- Understanding of social network analytics concepts
- Ability to quickly learn and use new and or complex analytics tool sets as well as have a firm understanding of commonly available tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Ability to apply programming knowledge to augment standard tool functionality
- Understanding of advanced statistical analysis
Desired Skills and Qualities:
- Experience creating data visualizations and infographics
- Experience with enterprise social networks and intranets